Solar Panels, technically, are cells designed to aid in the conversion of energy that we receive from the Sunlight. This energy is converted into electrical energy which can be used practically for powering any suitable application. Solar panels have been part of many countries and government’s answer to conserving electricity, reduce pollution and costs. Getting Solar Panels for your home will help you achieve all that, but at your comfort and at the sanctity of your house. You can buy reliable kits of Solar Panels from us to be installed at your residence. Our team at Luminous has designed a range of panels that aim to handle all types of settlements, houses, apartments and various requirements.
There’s a Myriad of factors that affects what your requirements might be when looking to obtain the best solar panels. To realize what you need, you’ll need to understand the different varieties available to you when looking for a Solar Photovoltaic system.
Here are the 3 Types of Solar Panels for Home you can get for your own Solar PV System:
Around 90% of the Photovoltaic systems around the world and the Solar Cells fitted in them use some form of Silicon. There are 3 main types of solar cells out of them all and it’s up to you to decide which ones would suit you best.
Also Know: The Best Power Backup Solution in 2018
Monocrystalline Silicon Solar Cells:
You can easily recognize the Monocrystalline solar cells by how they have a uniform look and rounded edges. Silicon Ingots, which look cylindrical in appearance, are used to make the cells in these Monocrystalline solar panel kits. The cell’s performance is optimized by cutting out quadruple sides of the ingots. This gives us silicon wafers which is responsible for the characteristic look of the Monocrystalline solar panels.
Advantages It Offers:
- Monocrystalline Solar Panels rank as one of the best solar panels that you can get for your PV system. They have the highest rate of efficiency because of high-grade silicon used, around 15 to 20% usually.
- When using Monocrystalline silicon solar panels for your home, you’ll understand how space-efficient they are. This is because when connected in a PV system, they yield much more power while occupying less space.
- Furthermore, Monocrystalline solar panels have a very long product life. They last for long periods of times, spanning over years.
Polycrystalline Silicon Solar Cells:
Polycrystalline silicon solar panels are different in looks and structure from Monocrystalline cells. For starters, they look perfectly rectangular when arranged in a solar panel. This is because unlike Monocrystalline cells, they do not need to be made using the Czochralski process. Raw, melted silicon is poured into molds that are box-shaped and sturdy. These are then cooled and cut to make silicon wafers that are perfectly square in nature.
Advantages it offers:
- For those of you who looking for budget solar panels for home, polycrystalline silicon panels are well suited for the task. They cost less and are simpler to maintain because of the low waste amounts.
- The bright blue color of the silicon used in polycrystalline panels make for some good aesthetical arrangements in your home. You can use them in different color combinations with your home’s color scheme and your solar photovoltaic system’s location.
Thin-Film Solar Cells:
Unlike other solar cells, thin-film Solar cells are made using a different procedure. Single or multiple layers of any photovoltaic material is deposited onto substrates. The efficiency of such Thin-Film solar cells was around 7 to 13% in earlier solar panel kits. However, this efficiency is being raised to meet efficiency rates of around 10 to 16%. You can find out which type of Thin-film solar cell it is by finding out the photovoltaic material used to cover the substrate. Usual photovoltaic materials include Cadmium Telluride (CdTe), Organic Photovoltaic Cells (OPC), Amorphous Silicon (a-Si) and others.
Advantages it offers:
- Thin-Film solar panels are more budget-friendly as compared to crystalline solar panels. This is because they are easy to produce and manufacture.
- High temperatures and light shading doesn’t have any visual impact on its performance or efficiency.
- Aesthetically, Thin-film solar panels for your home will look very attractive since they can adjust to nearly any look. This can be attributed to its homogenous appearance, thin shape and structure.
So you see, whatever your requirements for setting up a Solar Photovoltaic system at your residence maybe, there’s all types of solutions readily available. Our experts will help you find just that, the best solar panels for your use without missing out on any necessary feature or requirement. Luminous Solar Panels will help you set up a Solar Energy System at your home that will aid you in reaching your target energy levels and reduce dependence. In essence, you will begin to use power smarter and more efficient than ever before.
Share this post